Crown molding is aptly named. It’s the crowning finish at the top of an interior wall. Any room can feature a stunning paint color, but the addition of crown molding brings a level of detail that elevates a room from stunning to stunningly elegant. When you’re ready to elevate the elegance of your Indianapolis home’s interior with crown molding, give the expert craftsmen at Handyman Connection of Carmel a call. We’re more than happy to help! In the meantime, here’s a comparison of crown molding materials to help you make a decision:
- Plaster molding is typically used on plaster walls. It is made-to-order and can be cast into very ornate profiles, making this material very expensive. Because heavy plaster molding can be easily cracked, it’s best left to a skilled expert for installation.
- Solid wood molding is the best for most installations. It adds warmth and elegance and can be milled into any number of profiles.
- Medium-density fiberboard (MDF) molding is another material that is best for most installations, providing that the trim is to be painted. It is available in a variety of profiles.
- Polyurethane molding is also a good choice for most applications, and also requires painting. It is less expensive than solid wood molding and is more resistant to rot and termites, making it an excellent choice.
- Polystyrene molding is a budget-minded DIY’ers dream come true. It is light, can be cut easily and is installed with construction adhesive. Be advised that the edges of the molding will never be as crisp as what you will get with solid wood.
Let Handyman Connection of Carmel point you in the right direction when you’re ready to add crown molding to your interior walls. Give us a call today! We’ll be happy to assist you and arrange your free, no-obligation project estimate.